Friday, July 02, 2010

Changes beginning July 2, 2010

TAAA-DAAAA, wadda ya think? Too pink?

Growing up I hated the color pink. Always associated it with June Cleaver-types and being "girlie," and I was NEVER a girlie-girl. If my Mom had let me, I would have slept in my cowboy hat & boots (yes, red ones, thank you for asking) when I was 6; however, she drew the line at wearing my toy cap gun and holster to bed. Seems the older I get, the more the color grows on me. I'm not talking Pepto Bismol pink, more a dusty rose. The color of the lower half of my diningroom, below the white chair rail. Yeah, so I'll try this out for a while. Change is good.

Guess I'm reacting to all the changes going on around me at work and home these days. At work -and I've always made it a policy not to talk about work- I've had to say goodbye to a few co-workers due to layoffs and/or reassignments. One person in my dept actually went "out the door" and a few others are still on campus, just in different locations. So, I've shed a few private tears in the ladies room in the last few days. Our Union has been fairly successful bargaining to mitigate more layoffs, but it's still hard when people who are like family, leave.

On the homefront, solar attic fans are being installed today. At the end of the month we're starting a guest bathroom remodel and putting in a new sliding glass door in the aforementioned half dusty rose pink diningroom. Wednesday, we ordered the new bathroom vanity, mirror and toilet (already have the new shower stall and picked out the new flooring). We've been through this before but I already can't wait til it's over!

Well, happy Friday!

3 comments:

Pam said...

It's too pink!! Looks like raspberry sorbet.

I ran around with a cap gun and cowboy boots too. Not exactly what my mother had in mind. But, I was happy and still am. I traded the gun & boots in for horse pucky...86# a day worth.

Randy Johnson said...

Maybe Its just Me but I think it looks a little... er, how do I say it? ...Cissy.

itsmecissy said...

Pam - I love raspberry sorbet!

Randy - I also spit out my coffee from laughing!

OK, I'll go back to the drawing board.