Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year . . . and Don't Look Back

I don't make New Year's resolutions anymore. I do, however, like to believe that at the beginning of a new year -and with 2010, a new decade- that I can wipe the slate clean and make a fresh start. I've finally come to that point in my life when I realize what matters, what never did, and what always will.

This year I will focus on letting go of things (like making resolutions) that deflect my attention from the really important things. What a person pursues in life depends on what she values. My values, basic tastes and preferences determine my priorities and the way I occupy myself and spend my time.

This year I will educate, agitate, and organize, but not necessarily in that order.

3 comments:

lightly said...

i belong to the rec centre gym here in my nay bore hood and each year you see a whole lot of new faces . they one part one of there new year resolutions , normally they last about 3 weeks this year however we got our sauna and gym back by the 9th so people are not even reaching that magic 11 day mark.

i must admit hommie don't do that resolution thing, its just stupid and i don't do stuff to impress.

hey good luck with that organize thing even as i say it we know never going to happen.

AzKD said...

And this year I promise to clean my closet for real and hope I don't find Jimmy Hoffa in there! (Are you getting a visual?? =P ) But I digress....

I tell you what though, he'd have picked the perfect place to disappear that's for sure! (Are you getting another visual?? Yikes! =P )

Welcome 2010! I'm sure we can agree that in many respects, 2009 left alot to be desired! Geez Louise!

Anyway, live, laugh, love, yadda yadda and Happy New Yr to you all too!

AzKD

Pam said...

I love the "agitate" part. So far, I've managed to tork off at least a half dozen people this year just by disagreeing with them.

Whatever happened to the art of discussion?