Monday, February 20, 2012

Randomized Thoughts 2/20/12

I know it's been almost two months since I've written anything, I had grand plans, believe me. Since the beginning of the new year I've had a few changes in my life - some good, some not so much. For what it's worth, here's what I've got:

Had a sleep study done in late December and was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. My new best friend is now my trusty CPAP machine. Didn't take long to fall in love with the little guy (Fred as he is known). Trouble is I don't snore anymore but I still lie awake in the middle of the night jousting those night demons. Mr. itsme has had his own "Fred" for almost a year but he hasn't named it. What a pair of old farts we've become!

Speaking of Mr. itsme, he retired at the end of September 2011. It's been great. For him. I still get up in the wee hours and drive the hour to work. Nice thing, I make my own coffee in the morning and we're savings thousands of dollars by giving up Starbucks. I'm not jealous or anything (I'm not, I'm not, I'm not!) but he's having far too much fun without me.

I lost my only living Aunt this past weekend, she was born and died on the same date (I always thought that would look cool on a headstone). My late Father's only sister, we were blessed to have her in our lives for 85 years. All 10 of my late Mother's brothers & sisters are gone too. I remarked to my youngest brother after hearing the news, that we are the "old folks" in the family now. It's OK, if I leave this earth loved as much as she it will all have been worth it.

Our family is eagerly awaiting the birth of a new addition to the family, sometime in mid-March is his or her arrival date. The parents-in-waiting opted out of knowing. In April a long awaited Wedding - 11 years in the making - will be performed by Mr. itsme. I have promised to wear a dress. This may be a promise I cannot keep however, as unlike the Bride-to-Be, I'm having second thoughts.

The last bit of disappointing news of the year (if I put it all in perspective) is that my beloved 49ers did not make it to the Super Bowl. I'm not one to hold a grudge and rooted for the Giants, even though they were the reason we didn't make it. Who can hate Eli Manning???

6 comments:

Pam Beers. said...

It's amazing how the writing can elude us when we're busy living life.

Trust me, itsme, you're already loved.

I was rooting for the Giants all along. Eli is such a good kid. And...after all...I'm from NY.

Glad you're back in the saddle along with Bob. I love your posts, itsme.

itsmecissy said...

Thanks Pam! I'm sitting here with my headphones on listening to Neil Young's "Silver & Gold" album (razor love playing right now). It's foggy & cold outside and I am treating myself to a handful of peanut m&m's - it is Fat Tuesday afterall.

All is well with the world.

Pam Beers. said...

Glad you're doing well. Hugs.

Randy Johnson said...

Maybe Mr. itsme should name his gizmo “Wilma” as in Fred and… just a suggestion.

Your post has so many examples of how life has its seasons, but like nighttime breathing in & out, in & out, it’s not always smooth. Sometimes it’s a little herky jerky, but then a rhythm sets back in and baby’s are born, and 49er’s lose like they’re supposed to, and everything’s back to where it should be ;) May the coming spring bring you and your family much happiness :) Keep us posted!

itsmecissy said...

"...and 49er’s lose like they’re supposed to..."

Bite me Randy!

Randy Johnson said...

Well unless they're playing the Steelers, then it's go 49ers!! Sorry ItsMe, I can't help it, I'm a Seahawk.