Thursday, November 19, 2009

Leggo My Eggo!

OMG, two of the four plants that make Eggo waffles have had an "Interuption in production" (terrorists???) and it will take until the middle of 2010 -next summer- before shelves around the country can be fully restocked.

Now you can laugh, but this is serious!!! Forget about health care reform, the war on terror, the economy, etc., write your congressperson NOW and tell them to do whatever it takes to get those Eggo's back in the stores. The American way of life depends on it.

In order to help my fellow Americans get through this difficult time, here is my own recipe for homemade waffles - the only catch is that you have to have a waffle iron. I know, I know, it's not the frozen, tasteless cardboard you're all used to, but it'll do in this time of great despair.

ItMeCissy's Homemade Waffles
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup oil or melted butter
1 3/4 cups milk
1 tablespoon sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Heat the waffle maker (spray with non-stick cooking spray).
Beat the eggs with a hand beater in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
Beat in remaining waffle recipe ingredients, just until smooth (try not to over beat).
Pour batter from a cup or pitcher onto the center of the waffle maker.
Close lid and bake about 5 minutes or until the waffle maker stops steaming.
Serve immediately with lots of butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit, etc.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Minimum Tools Required:

waffle maker (non-stick preferred)
measuring cup and spoons
whisk or hand mixer
medium mixing bowl and spoon

Just doing my part to lessen your misery, somehow, we'll all get through this together.

3 comments:

lightly said...

you live in your own fantasy world don't you.
people just love the cardboard taste in all there meals, its never a good idea to mess with the norm.
waffles recipe

1 pack of 12 waffles

take waffle out bag and place in toaster, press toaster button down, when button pops back up waffles done

minimum tools required

toaster


i have stopped buying processed food for some time now, i make it myself because that way i know what is in it. my kids have been taught how to bake and in a pinch they can cook (i know i should have just taught them how to use a can opener, what was i thinking).

humans as a species have lost all ability to survive so yes the terrorist have won.

i is/ r a farm boy i know how to get the white stuff out of the cow, most of the new generation think the white stuff comes from a truck.

i'm going to try your recipe i will let you know how badly i screw it up.

itsmecissy said...

I'm with you lightly, I try not to buy processed food either (OK, pumpkin puree which is now on the endangered species list) and my parents were both excellent cooks. I was always in the kitchen with one of them but I turned out to be the baker in the family. The can opener wasn't used much in my house and isn't in my home today either.

Fresh and homemade is the name of the game for me and Mr. itsme.

And btw, you just can't screw up waffles!!!

lightly said...

you wanna bet,

I totally screwed pickle fish (don't ask)