Thursday, March 26, 2009

We're Heading North, to Oregon

Leaving early to visit a dear Niece and her husband in Beaverton. Have dinner reservations in Portland Saturday night on the waterfront (celebrating the 30th birthday of Niece's husband). Sunday we'll all spend the day in Seattle, one of my most favorite places on this planet. Monday, while the kids are working, the husband and I will scout out coastal property; serious negotiations are currently going on between us to retire there - he DEFINITELY wants to, I'm not so sure.

Problem is, I'm very close to my family, he's not (close to his). I don't want to end up living so far from everyone (except the aforementioned Niece) if ever I am alone again (i.e. husband dies before me). I think it's a reasonable consideration. The deal buster: if I can't live near the ocean (like I do now), I won't move. End of discussion.

I've checked the long-range weather forecast for the area and it'll be raining much of the time we're there, with temps mostly in the mid-40s - ahhhhh, my kind of weather. I think I was a duck in a past life.

See you all Wednesday, take care of each other.

2 comments:

lemming said...

Definitely hold out for the beach. :-)

Wishing you all a delicious and thoroughly enjoyable dinner.

Anonymous said...

Seattle sounds scrumptious. I like rainy days and nights. There's something very peaceful about the sound, smell, and feel of rain.

It makes me feel all mushy, serene, nostalgic, and romantic...all at the same time.

Have a superb weekend!