Sunday, March 15, 2009

Odds & Ends, This & That

So, today I've made coconut macaroons (husband's fave), fruitcake bars for work (not yo Grannie's fruitcake) and now I'm making corned beef and cabbage. I know, I know, St. Paddy's Day is Tuesday but next Sunday the aforementioned husband is leaving (on business) to Long Beach (Los Angeles) for 4 days so we're having our Tuesday night dinner tonight (will make some Irish soda bread to go with it too - YUM!) We usually make a lamb stew using a few pints of Guinness and have some friends over, but it didn't work out that way this year. Also, the County Fair is coming up and I'm testing new goodies to enter . . .

Hope you are all well, having a wonderful Sunday and are spending it with people you love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could use a macaroon right about now. My favorites too!

The AIG bonus has me in a tizzy. A coconut macaroon would help.

itsmecissy said...

Pam, are you a macaroon purist or can you handle a candied cherry on top?

Anonymous said...

Love those candied cherries. It kinda makes those macaroons smile.