Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm Embarrassed to Admit This

I've lately become OBSESSED with taking online store surveys. You know, the kind that when you eat at a place like Applebee's (it's OK for an after-the-movies-supper) and your waiter comes back with your check and says "Congratulations, you have been spontaneously and randomly chosen to take our online survey and you could win a gift certificate for . . . "

blah, blah, blah. I usually just say thanks, pay my bill and shred the receipt when I get home. Never was a "coupon clipper" either. Too much to keep organized.

But with the price of everything going up so much, I've started paying attention to the fine print at the bottom of my grocery receipt for example. It says, and I quote:

"Win $500 gift card! Take survey monthly at ....... to enter. Thank you for shopping at ......."

OK, so I was thinking: how many people REALLY take these surveys and figured the odds of winning were pretty good. Well, I was wrong about that cuz apparently MILLIONS of peeps have been doing this for years before I caught on to it.

BUT

The amazing thing is that now I'm getting emails from the grocery store (yeah, it's a pain sometimes but I just hit the delete key) and this past Wednesday they emailed me a $20 off coupon on a purchase of $100 -which is about what a weekly trip costs me- so I went today and used it. I bought all my usual stuff and some fresh wheat grass for the cats (spoiled rotten animals!) and got the promised $20 off. I'd call this a Good Thing.

BTW, never got anything spontaneous or random from Applebee's yet . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.