Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Elizabeth Edwards

Not only a brave woman who has battled cancer for over 6 years, Elizabeth Edwards is the model of grace and humility as well as unimaginable humor. Her end-of-life decision to spend her final days in her own home shows me that there is such a thing as a peaceful death, and that we can reach closure with our loved ones. I hope she is enjoying her house full of family and friends and that they are telling stories, looking at old photos and having as many laughs as tears.

Elizabeth, I never knew you but thank you for your courage, grace and dignity.

NOTE: Just found out that while I was writing this Elizabeth passed away peacefully surrounded by love.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Itme, I was just going to write a blog post about Elizabeth Edwards. Your tribute to her is just beautiful. I feel the same way about her that you do. Thanks.

My post won't be so nice. I'm really angry with her husband.

Robert Crane said...

nicely said itsme ... nicely said.

Robert Crane said...

hey kiddo! may you and yours have a christmas of the merry sort!

itsmecissy said...

Thanks Mr. C, and to you and yours also. I hope you get your drum set this year. I always wait for the Barbie Dream house I never got - maybe it's under the tree right now!

I've been on vacation the past two weeks (at home) and have lots to write about. Maybe next week I'll have some time.

Merry Christmas to all!