Thursday, November 04, 2010

From the West Wing (still applies today)

" Because I'm tired of working for candidates who make me think that I should be embarrassed to believe what I believe, Sam! I'm tired of getting them elected! We all need some therapy, because somebody came along and said, "'Liberal' means soft on crime, soft on drugs, soft on Communism, soft on defense, and we're gonna tax you back to the Stone Age because people shouldn't have to go to work if they don't want to!" And instead of saying, "Well, excuse me, you right-wing, reactionary, xenophobic, homophobic, anti-education, anti-choice, pro-gun, Leave It To Beaver trip back to the Fifties...!", we cowered in the corner, and said, "Please. Don't. Hurt. Me." No more. I really don't care who's right, who's wrong. We're both right. We're both wrong. "


Scary ain't it?

3 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

Yes, very scary and very true, but never give up hope. The Republican's are on a collision course with themselves. Many of the Dems who lost were useless “Blue-Dogs” anyway. Neither the witch nor the wrestling promoter got elected. California didn't drink the Kool-Aid this time around (thank goodness!) …so it’s not all bad news. Now if Obama would just grow a spine, and listen to senators like Frankin and Sanders, instead of Reed maybe we could… what? too optimistic? ...yeah probably

itsmecissy said...

I've had a chance to think it through Randy, and you're right, there's nothing to really worry about. Plus, I'm so glad to be living in California - we bucked the trend and stayed True Blue!

I'm off to the Sandhill Crane Festival in Lodi, CA. Second year attending and I'm looking forward to seeing all the birds and other wildlife out on the Delta of our central valley.

See ya'll Monday!

Pam said...

Have a great weekend, y'all! Happy trails and remember not to step in the horse pucky.