Monday, August 31, 2009

Another Family Wedding

Saturday one of my nephews got married. It was an outdoor California-style wedding. You all know the kind. My own handsome Mr. itsme officiated (in a black tuxedo no less) and it was a toasty 104 degrees in the shade. In fact, it was so hot, the moisturizer melted off my forehead and ran down into my eyes. Let me tell you, you have not experienced misery until 'Clinque Dramatically Different Moisturizer' seeps into your eyes setting them on fire!

But I digress.

The Bride and Groom have known each other since childhood so this was a highly anticipated wedding in my family. The Bride's, not so much. (I'll save that story for another post). My middle brother and sister-in-law, having reached the ripe old age of 53 and 51 respectively, are anxious to become Grandparents so my brother texted the Newlyweds while they were setting sail for their Honeymoon cruise to Mexico. Tacky. But I was just watching the path of hurricane Jimena that's happening down Mexico way and realized my brother just may get his wish. Their cruise's itinerary has changed and they'll be spending a little more time on board...hmmmmmmm....at least until Wednesday.

Now that it's all over and everyone can breathe again, my sister-in-law emailed me this morning to thank us for all our help and support. She ended with "We have a wonderful family." Yup. I have to agree. God bless us every one...as well as those newest members yet to come.

2 comments:

lightly said...

"We have a wonderful family."
your sister by the law has meet you?.
nobody has a wonderful family , that's just a fantasy as seen on tv.
when my family gets together they will basically kiss each others butts (or is that chew everyone's ass off).
you don't want to be within a thousand mile radius of any of my family gatherings the fallout alone will kill you.

itsmecissy said...

Ah lightly, I could tell you some war stories about my family too. It's not always 'peaches & cream' believe me but 99% of the time I'd rather spend my time with them than with any one else.

But just wait, the holidays are coming . . . lol

Always glad to 'see' you.