Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

It's a beautiful day here on the central coast of California, about 62 degrees, partly-cloudy - all the rain yesterday washed the sky blue again. GORGEOUS!

I've just pulled my homemade yeast rolls from the oven (my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner) and have the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on the TV; I only watch because of the giant balloons and Santa's arrival. We're going to my Mother-in-Law's today and to my family's on Saturday, sorta Thanksgiving and my Brother's birthday celebrated together. I can't wait!

Thinking about my Mom a lot today. She passed away in January and this time of the year was her favorite, probably why it's my favorite time of the year too. I'm going to say Mom's prayer at dinner this afternoon: "Rub-a-Dub-Dub, Thanks for the Grub, Yay, God!"

Anyway, I wish you all a very happy day and hope it's spent with people you love . . . or at least who you really like. Take care.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I think about my mother a lot, too, Cissy, especially during these end-of-year holidays. She was 97 when she died in 1999--just missed seeing the turn of the century. Happy fall and winter to you in sunny California--from cold New Jersey.

itsmecissy said...

Mimi, you are so lucky to have had her for so long, mine didn't even make it to 77. But she was very ill; it's a blessing she's no longer suffering.

The days have turned cooler and we may even get some rain this weekend (finally) but the temps are still in the comfy mid-60s. I have no complaints. Stay warm in NJ and thanks for reading my lowly blog. Take care.