Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Hillary - Obama Dilemma

The problem with Obama is that I am not allowed to dislike him simply because I don't agree with him. If I say I don't like him, I'm called a racist. Even sadder is that if he loses it will be because he's black, not because he's boring, anti-Semitic, uninformed and inexperienced.

Hillary doesn't have the same advantage. Over the years people have gotten so used to finding her so dislikeable that it's pretty hard to attribute those negative feelings to her sex, but rather to her personality.

In a nutshell: Obama’s melanin does not make him a better choice any more than Clinton’s hormones.

4 comments:

lemming said...

Wish I could have voted yesterday...

I love what Obama and Clinton bring to 2008 in terms of symbolism - it is beyond wonderful that a woman and an African-American are the leading candidates of a major party.

However, as a voter... I could wish that each of them brought more to the table.

lemming said...

P.S. Would have voted yesterday if I could have voted yesterday, but we don't vote until May, at which point it is meaningless.

itsmecissy said...

Yeah, I hear you lemming, sometimes I think it would be better to play the lottery myself.

Robert Crane said...

okay itsmecissy, ya know i love ya, but obama boring, anti-Semitic, uninformed and inexperienced? i mean maybe the inexperience deal, but even that can be argued. i'm afraid if he loses to Hillary, it will be about those superdelegates and party insiders.

all right, so i'm a bit partial with the "hoochie mama! vote for obama!" already. but methinks your clinton tendencies are poking thru too.

oh well, let's disagree that we agree (or whatever that expression is).