Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Are You Missing Some Bunny?


This little cutie is not the Easter Bunny (I frisked him for the chocolate bunnies I didn't get for Easter) but found his way into our backyard yesterday morning. Mr. itsme has a soft spot for stray animals and was able to capture it in our kitty carrier by simply asking it to "please hop in." To his astonishment, it obeyed. I've posted this picture on our local paper's FB page hoping the owner recognizes him/her and claims ownership at the animal shelter -- it was either that or let a car run it down, or worse, being mauled by a pitbull. A rabbit rescue group here tries to find forever homes for stray rabbits brought to the shelter -we've captured three others before this- so this one is not in danger of being euthanized. Isn't it a sweetie-pie? Just had to share . . . .

4 comments:

Pam Beers. said...

I love bunnies. This one is so doggone adorable. I can't believe it hopped right into the cat carrier. How cute!

It's a known fact that cats and bunnies make good pals. I wouldn't want to try it though, 'cause Bear ate five woodloand bunny families one summer. It was just awful for those poor rabbits.

Randy Johnson said...

Speaking of wonderful things showing up on your doorstep, I found a box of incredibly delicious cookies on my porch today, and I can’t thank you enough for baking and sending them Itsme! That was extremely nice of you. Now for the hard part… I’m trying not to eat them before Jeannie gets home!! I just sampled two, and I may have to lock myself out of the house to save the others ;)

Pam Beers. said...

Wow! Looking forward to my cookies. Can't wait.

itsmecissy said...

I just hope they're still fresh. A YouTube video showed me how to pack them -back to back, wrapped in plastic wrap- to keep them from crumbling. I crumbled up some newspaper from my local paper to softened any blows too (plus, you might like to read some old news from Watsonville, CA). Anyway, sorry it took so long and glad you like them. The chocolate chip cookie won 1st place at the Santa Cruz County Fair for 2 years...