Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Beer Summit

Finally, we have a President the rest of us would like to have a beer with, that all-American (male) bonding gesture. But 'Bud Lite?' I thought they were going to drink beer? (make mine a microbrew please).

I can hear the Press tomorrow "Did he have a head on his beer? Who took the first sip? Did anyone burp? And what did they drink out of? Did they clink their mugs?"

Jeez Louise!

LIGHT BULB just came on: maybe a beer pong tournament with Congress would help round up those Blue Dogs and get the whole healthcare mess resolved?

It could happen!

3 comments:

lemming said...

I thought I read that Gates had Red Stripe and the officer had Blue Moon.

Nice to see my tax dollars at work.

itsmecissy said...

You're right A., our Prez & VP had Bud Lites - - all donated in the name of racial understanding I'm sure (wonder why Jesse J and Al Sharpton weren't invited?)

Pam said...

It's a pathetic day when beer drinking overrides health care reform in the news.

I'd like to see some real investigative reporting instead of pandering to the advertisers...which just happen to be (SURPRISE SURPRISE) Bud Lite.