Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Musings

Saturday, we went to the 50th birthday party of an ex-neighbor. The party was held in the banquet room of a local Chinese restaurant. We dined on the usual Anglo favorites: egg flower soup, egg foo young, sweet & sour pork, broccoli beef, fried rice, cashew chicken, and beef chow mein (none of which I EVER order and none of which can be found anywhere in China) and were serenaded by The Great Morgani, "Accordionist Extraordinnaire" (he plays everything but 'The Lady of Spain' and 'Metallica.' Don't believe me? Go here http://www.thegreatmorgani.com/)


Anyway, I mention this because while watching our friend open her presents, it struck me that I was at a Portuguese birthday party, in a Chinese restaurant, listening to Italian polka-style songs (yes, those kind) and thinking this scene would be complete if only I were wearing plaid madras shorts and a pink polo shirt with black flip-flops.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Only in America. Hey, I wear madras shorts and pink polo shirts. Then again, I'm an old coot.