Monday, February 23, 2009

Fat Tuesday (Praise the Lord & Pass the King Cake)

OK, so tomorrow is Fat Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday. I'm home tonight making a King cake . . . kinda . . . it's actually a lemon bundt cake without the baby inside. It is a lemon cake (with Meyer lemons from my own tree) with a lemony glaze. I'm going to sprinkle it with gold, purple and green sanding sugar and take it to work tomorrow for all to admire, Domestic Goddess that I am.

Don't hate me because I can bake!

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

I certainly won't hate you for that reason, nor for any other. I reserve, however, the right to indulge myself in some wistful regret that I can't sample the products of your baking prowess.

Anonymous said...

O-o-o! How cool that you grow your own lemons. Cake sounds scrumptious. I love anything lemony.