Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My first entry

OK, so I’m a tad late jumping on the blog bandwagon. As with most everything in my life, I do as much research as possible before making a decision to do (or not do) something. I’m often accused of being too intense (MOI?) For those of you also new to blogging -- HA, I’m already assuming my blog will attract readers-- go here to learn everything you’ll ever need to know about blogging but were afraid to ask http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog --if that’s not intense, I don’t know what is! It’s a good place to learn what the word “disambiguation” means (then use it in sentence to REALLY impress your family & friends).

I was initially inspired by the December 2005 AARP Bulletin (pronounced A-A-R-P) that stated 0.3% of bloggers are age 50 or older http://www.aarp.org/bulletin/yourlife/older_wise_bloggers.html. Not that I care to reveal my age for all of cyberspace, but let’s say, like the AARP article, I’m an “Older, Wiser Blogger.” I also figured that if "80 years young" Millie Garfield of Swampscott, Massachusetts can do it, then so can I!

Maybe a good place to start is to tell how I decided on my blog’s name. In June 1999, I signed up for a free Yahoo! email account. For anyone who’s an experienced Web/Net surfer, having a unique or distinctive cyberspace moniker is der rigeur (jeez, look it up!) Anyway, when my youngest brother was learning to talk, he had a hard time with the word sister and it came out Sissy. Needless to say, the nickname stuck so when deciding what moniker to use –itsmesissy was taken- I went with “itsmecissy” instead because “c” is the first letter of my real name and because it looks better in print, don’t you think?

Well, I’d say this is a pretty good launch into the blogsphere (that’s a word bound to show up in the dictionary someday) with hopefully more to come.

1 comment:

Randy Johnson said...

I figured that if words like “spatchcocking” are going to make any sense to me I would have to begin at the beginning, so here I am at page one.
“Disambiguation?” Oh man, I’m going to need to pack my dictionary for this trip. Anyway off I go! Wish me luck!

..And by the way, nice launch! I can almost hear that bottle of not-cheap champagne smashing into the hull of the S.S.Cissy as she heads out to sea.